Introduction / History
The Bhoi peoples have traditionally done manual labor, which puts them in the fourth of four caste categories, the Shudras. They were once nomadic.
Where Are they Located?
The Kharot Bhoi peoples are a large group that is scattered all over India and Nepal.
What Are Their Lives Like?
The Bhoi people have different roles in the various states of India. In all states they do farm work. In Gujarat, they are often fishermen or water-carriers. In Odisha they have lower status because they work as leather workers. Anyone who works with “dead” materials like hides is considered polluted by Hindu society.
What Are Their Beliefs?
The Kharot Bhoi have a higher status than other Bhoi communities because they are often landowners. They are not wealthy, but they own the land under their feet.
The Kharot Bhoi community is entirely Hindu. Every family has a number of Hindu deities that they worship in hopes of gaining safety and prosperity. As Hindus, the Kharot Bhoi believe that by performing rituals and good works that they will attain moksha or freedom from the endless cycle of birth, death and rebirth. They visit Hindu temples and offer prayers, food, flowers, and incense to their gods hoping for a blessing.
What Are Their Needs?
Ask God to deliver families and communities within the Bhoi people from fears that hinder them from embracing His blessings. They look to Hindu gods, but the only One who can save them from what they fear is the Lord Himself.
* Scripture Prayers for the Bhoi Kharot in India.
* Pray for the Lord to raise up a strong disciple making movement to saturate the hearts and minds of the Kharot Boi people in India.
* Pray for God's blessing, strengthening and healing of Bhoi families and communities through the abundant life Jesus offers to all who call on His name.
* Pray for God's blessing on Kharot Bhoi leaders, along with their families, and for their communities to welcome and enjoy God's blessing.
* Pray for the Lord to multiply the reception and influence of His Word, leading the Kharot Bhoi people to love Him with their whole being.