The Kado are one of 18 groups combined by the Chinese authorities to form the official Hani nationality. A smaller number live in Laos. The Kado possess their own language, although diminishing numbers of Kado children are now able to speak it. Many Kado in China have become culturally indistinguishable from the Han Chinese.
The Kado language is part of the Bi-Ka branch of the Tibeto-Burman language family. It is most similar to Biyo and Woni. In Myanmar there there are six Kado dialects reported. Kado is not the same as Katu, a Mon-Khmer language spoken in Vietnam and Laos, nor is it the same as Kaduo, the Tibeto-Burman language spoken by the Mongols in Yunnan.
Most Kado people live in China where they have a vibrant Church. There is a smaller number of them in Laos who do not yet have a gospel witness.
The family is very important to the Kado people in both China, where they have a strong gospel witness, and in Laos, where they do not. Kado believers in China can demonstrate how families can love and respect one another in such a way that their witness is irresistible to others. Pray for this to be the case.
in Laos practice ethnic religion, which puts them in bondage to various spirit beings that are in rebellion against the King of kings.
The Kado people need to have contact with those in China who can show them the way to spiritual blessings and eternal life in Christ.
* Scripture Prayers for the Kado in Laos.
* Pray for the Holy Spirit to give the Kado people in Laos teachable and understanding hearts.
* Pray that a strong movement of the Holy Spirit will bring entire Kado families into a rich experience of God’s blessing.
* Pray for Kado families to be drawn by the Holy Spirit to seek forgiveness and to understand the adequacy of Christ’s work on the cross.
* Pray for teams of believers to do sustained, focused prayer for the Lord to open the hearts of Kado family leaders in Laos to experience God’s blessing through a movement of family-based discovery Bible studies.
|Profile Source: Keith Carey|
|People Name General||Kado|
|People Name in Country||Kado|
|Progress Scale||1 ●|
|Frontier People Group||No|
|Pioneer Workers Needed||1|
|Alternate Names||Asak; Dari; Gado; Ganan; Ka Dwo; Kaduo; Kato; Katu; Kudo; Mawteik; Puteik; Sak; Sakkya; Shakama; That; Thet|
|Persecution Rank||20 (Open Doors top 50 rank, 1 = highest persecution ranking)|
|Location in Country||Phongsali Province: north of Mong Ou Tay. Source: Ethnologue 2016|
Primary Language: Kaduo
|Bible Translation ▲||Status (Years)|
|Possible Print Bibles|
|Forum Bible Agencies|
|National Bible Societies|
|World Bible Finder|
|Resource Type ▲||Resource Name|
|Audio Recordings||Audio Bible teaching (GRN)|
|Primary Religion:||Ethnic Religions|
|Major Religion ▲||Percent|
|Christianity (Evangelical 0.50 %)||
|Other / Small||
|Christian Segments ▲||Percent|