Introduction / History
Traditionally the Charandasis were a Hindu sect. Like many Hindu communities, they regard themselves as Brahmans having higher status than other people groups.
Where Are they Located?
The small Charadasis people group is scattered throughout Uttar Pradesh.
What Are Their Lives Like?
Apart from their lives devoted in the temples, no facts were discovered about their lives.
What Are Their Beliefs?
These Hindus specialize in worshiping Krishna, a popular Hindu god. They also worship and serve other gods of the Hindu pantheon. Hindus believe that by performing rituals and good works that they will attain moksha or freedom from the endless cycle of birth, death, and rebirth. They visit Hindu temples and offer prayers, food, flowers, and incense to their gods in hopes of gaining protection and benefits. They do not have a person or familial relationship with their gods like Christians or Jews. There are many forms of Hinduism, each with its own deities and beliefs.
What Are Their Needs?
Although audio, visual, and written Bible resources are available in Hindi, their spoken language, they remain unreached and unengaged with the truth of the gospel. Their greatest need is to understand the infinite love of Almighty God for them, and his provisional payment of the penalty for their sins.
* Scripture Prayers for the Charandasis in India.
* Pray for the Holy Spirit to give the Charadasis people teachable and understanding hearts.
* Pray that a strong movement of the Holy Spirit will bring entire Charadasis families into a rich experience of God’s blessing.
* Pray for Charadasis families to be drawn by the Holy Spirit to seek forgiveness, and to understand the adequacy of Christ’s work on the cross.
* Pray for teams of believers to do sustained, focused prayer for the Lord to open the hearts of Charadasis family leaders to experience God’s blessing through a movement of family-based discovery Bible studies.