They have similar background, with little differences, with other Makhuwa tribes. They have great linguistic similarities and have very similar social and political organization as the other tribes.
The Makhuwa tribes live in the Provinces of Zambezia, Nampula and Cabo Delgado of Mozambique.
Their subsistence activities are agriculture, trading and fishing.
They are Muslims who have very little openness to other religions. There is high syncretism between Islam and animism and between Christianity and animism.
Their needs are in the areas of health, education/sports and social development.
* Scripture Prayers for the Makhuwa-Marrevone in Mozambique.
* Ask the Lord to call full-time Christian workers to join the few who are already working among the Makua.
* Ask the Holy Spirit to grant creative ideas of evangelism to the missions agency that is focusing on the Makua.
* Pray for effectiveness of the Jesus film among the Makua, with many conversions resulting.
* Pray that God will use the Makua believers to share Christ with their own people.
* Ask God to raise up prayer teams who will begin breaking up the soil through worship and intercession.
* Ask the Lord to bring forth a triumphant Makua church for the glory of His name!
* Pray for completion of Bible translation in this people group's primary language.
|Profile Source: Ethnic & Missiologic Research|
|People Name General||Makhuwa-Marrevone|
|People Name in Country||Makhuwa-Marrevone|
|Population this Country||459,000|
|Population all Countries||459,000|
|Progress Scale||2 ●|
|Frontier People Group||No|
|GSEC||1 (per PeopleGroups.org)|
|Pioneer Workers Needed|
|Alternate Names||Coastal Makhuwa; Maca; Maka; Marrevone|
|Region||Africa, East and Southern|
|National Bible Society||Website|
|Persecution Rank||Not ranked|
|Location in Country||Nampula province: inland from Moma and Angoche; Zambezia province: Nova Nabori inland to Amela. Source: Ethnologue 2016|
|Primary Religion:||Ethnic Religions|
|Major Religion ▲||Percent|
|Christianity (Evangelical 0.05 %)||
|Other / Small||
|Christian Segments ▲||Percent|