Wikipedia describes the Komodo people as "extinct" because their language is all but dead.
If they even exist any more, the Komodo people live on the Komodo Island in Indonesia.
The Komodo Dragon is better known than the people they share an island with.
The Komodo people are Sunni Muslims who believe the prophesies of Mohammed and agree to the basic tenets of Islam. However, as people living in rural Indonesia, they tend to add pre-Islamic beliefs to their form of Islam. They fear the spirit world, for example.
The Komodo people need to put their trust in Jesus Christ so they can be freed from fear. They need to allow Him to give them life to the full.
* Scripture Prayers for the Komodo in Indonesia.
* Pray for the Lord to raise up a strong disciple making movement to saturate the hearts and minds of the Komodo people of Indonesia.
* Pray for God's blessing, strengthening and healing of Komodo families and communities through the abundant life Jesus offers to all who call on His name.
* Pray for God's blessing on the leaders of the Komodo people, along with their families, and for their communities to welcome and enjoy God's blessing.
* Pray for the Lord to multiply the reception and influence of His Word among the Komodo people, leading them to love Him with their whole being.
|Profile Source: Keith Carey|
|People Name General||Komodo|
|People Name in Country||Komodo|
|Population this Country||1,800|
|Population all Countries||1,800|
|Progress Scale||1 ●|
|Frontier People Group||Yes|
|GSEC||1 (per PeopleGroups.org)|
|Pioneer Workers Needed||1|
|National Bible Society||Website|
|Persecution Rank||28 (Open Doors top 50 rank, 1 = highest persecution ranking)|
|Location in Country||Nusa Tenggara Timur Province, Manggarai Barat regency, Komodo island. Source: Ethnologue 2016|
|Major Religion ▲||Percent|
|Christianity (Evangelical 0.00 %)||
|Other / Small||
|Christian Segments ▲||Percent|