Tring is more of a language than an ethnic group. It is spoken by less than 1,000 people in Malaysia.
Tring speakers live in Sarawak, a state in northern Borneo.
Tring speakers live a simple existence. They farm, fish, and hunt for a living.
The primary religion practiced by the Tring speakers is ethnic religion. Ethnic religion is deeply rooted in a people's ethnic identity and conversion essentially equates to cultural assimilation.
Tring speakers need the opportunity to find ways to flourish in Malaysia's rapidly modernizing economy.
* Scripture Prayers for the Tring in Malaysia.
* Pray for dreams and visions among Tring speaking people that will lead them to seek and find Christ.
* Pray for spiritual openness that will lead to the cross.
* Pray for many to come together to learn of and obey the teachings of Jesus Christ.
* Pray for a powerful disciple making movement among Tring speaking people of Malaysia.
|Profile Source: Keith Carey|
|People Name General||Tring|
|People Name in Country||Tring|
|Population this Country||800|
|Population all Countries||800|
|Progress Scale||1 ●|
|Frontier People Group||No|
|GSEC||5 (per PeopleGroups.org)|
|Pioneer Workers Needed||1|
|Persecution Rank||40 (Open Doors top 50 rank, 1 = highest persecution ranking)|
|Location in Country||Sarawak, Lower Tutoh river, Long Terawan village. Source: Ethnologue 2016|
|Primary Religion:||Ethnic Religions|
|Major Religion ▲||Percent|
|Christianity (Evangelical 2.00 %)||
|Other / Small||
|Christian Segments ▲||Percent|