The Lower Ta Oi are part of the larger Ta Oi people who live in Vietnam and Laos. The larger Ta Oi people are much better known, and much of what is in this profile will reflect things that are likely to also apply to the subgroup in Laos.
The Lower Ta Oi only live in Laos.
The Ta Oi peoples fish and grow rice for their food supply. Some of them weave to produce clothes and other needed items. They love music, and they have many kinds of instruments; gongs, drums, flutes, trumpets, and panpipes.
The primary religion practiced by the Ta Oi is ethnic religion. Ethnic religion is deeply rooted in a people's ethnic identity and conversion essentially equates to cultural assimilation, or worse, betrayal of one's family and people.
The Lower Ta Oi people need dependable electricity in their villages and the opportunity to earn a better living. Right now they live at the subsistence level.
* Scripture Prayers for the Ta Oi, Lower in Laos.
* Pray for a "Book of Acts" type of movement to Christ among the Lower Ta Oi people in Laos.
* Pray for the Lower Ta Oi people to understand and embrace that Jesus wants to bless their families and neighborhoods.
* Pray for Holy Spirit anointed believers from the Lower Ta Oi people to change their society from within.
* Pray for a movement in which the Holy Spirit leads and empowers disciples to make more disciples.
* Pray for a movement of Jesus to heal and strengthen Lower Ta Oi communities in Laos.
|Profile Source: Keith Carey|
|People Name General||Ta Oi, Lower|
|People Name in Country||Ta Oi, Lower|
|Natural Name||Lower Ta Oi|
|Population this Country||22,000|
|Population all Countries||22,000|
|Progress Scale||1 ●|
|Frontier People Group||Yes|
|Pioneer Workers Needed||1|
|Persecution Rank||22 (Open Doors top 50 rank, 1 = highest persecution ranking)|
|Location in Country||Xekong Province, Kaleum district; Salavan Province, northwest of Saravan town. Source: Ethnologue 2016|
|Primary Religion:||Ethnic Religions|
|Major Religion ▲||Percent|
|Christianity (Evangelical 0.10 %)||
|Other / Small||
|Christian Segments ▲||Percent|