The Shamirzadi people work in what the United Nations calls the world's biggest walnut orchard; it has 700 trees! Walnuts are the chief export of Shamirzad, home of the Shahmirzadi people. All Shahmirzad residents are given proprietary rights in the orchard, determined by how much land they own. Tourists visit to experience Shamirzad's beautiful gardens and lovely climate during the summer months.
The Shamirzadi people live in the north of Iran on the southern slopes of the Alborz Mountains.
As far as we know, the Shamirzadi people specialize in growing walnuts. There have been famous people from this people group including an archeological researcher, a professor, and an ambassador.
This people group is entirely Muslim. They sometimes have contact with members of other religious faiths, but not Christians.
They have gospel recordings, but no Bible portions, radio broadcasts, or JESUS Film.
* Scripture Prayers for the Shahmirzadi in Iran.
* Pray for the Lord to raise up people from the Shahmirzadi people to translate the New Testament, the JESUS Film, and radio broadcasts into their language.
* Pray for Holy Spirit led believers to befriend the Shahmirzadi people and lead them to follow Jesus Christ.
* Pray for a disciple-making movement to flourish among the Shahmirzadi people.
* Pray that the Shahmirzadi people will learn of the goodness of God and of his kingdom.
|Profile Source: Global Prayer Digest|
|Global Prayer Digest: 2010-11-25|
|Global Prayer Digest: 2013-10-28|
|Global Prayer Digest: 2016-11-28|
|People Name General||Shahmirzadi|
|People Name in Country||Shahmirzadi|
|Population this Country||1,000|
|Population all Countries||1,000|
|Progress Scale||1 ●|
|Frontier People Group||Yes|
|Pioneer Workers Needed||1|
|Persecution Rank||9 (Open Doors top 50 rank, 1 = highest persecution ranking)|
|Location in Country||Semnan Province, Shahmirzad. Source: Ethnologue 2016|
|Major Religion ▲||Percent|
|Christianity (Evangelical 0.00 %)||
|Other / Small||
|Christian Segments ▲||Percent|