As early as the 1800s, almost a million people spoke the Gabri language. Today that language is endangered. It is very possible that this language and people group will no longer exist in 100 years.
The Dari Gabri people live in Iran's Yazd and Kerman Provinces.
People who are diminishing in numbers and influence often look back to their glory days. The Dari Gabri people fall into this category.
This people group has remained faithful to the monotheistic Zoroastrian religion which dates back to the days of the powerful Persian Empire. This religion, which incorporates fire as a symbol of purity, has involved only a small number of people in Iran since the Arab Muslim attacked in the 800s. Zoroastrianism diminished as more people converted to Islam.
Zoroastrians believe in one creator God, Ahura Mazda, who is wise and compassionate. Despite their commonalities with Jews and Christians, very few Zoroastrians have embraced the Savior.
They need to put their identity in the Savior who will give them a hope and a future if they will only allow Him.
* Scripture Prayers for the Gabri, Dari in Iran.
* Pray for gospel workers to catch a vision for reaching the Dari Gabri people in Iran for Jesus and that in God's sovereign timing their hearts would be open and ready to follow Him.
* Pray for Jesus movements to bless extended Dari Gabri families so the gospel will spread rapidly among this people group.
* Pray for the spiritual lives of the Dari Gabri people to become fruitful as they follow Christ.
* Pray for the lives and culture of the Dari Gabri people to evidence the rule and reign of the Kingdom of God as they open to the gospel, and for the beauty of Jesus to be seen in them.
|Profile Source: Keith Carey|
|Global Prayer Digest: 2013-10-17|
|Global Prayer Digest: 2016-11-20|
|People Name General||Gabri, Dari|
|People Name in Country||Gabri, Dari|
|Population this Country||15,000|
|Population all Countries||15,000|
|Progress Scale||1 ●|
|Frontier People Group||Yes|
|GSEC||1 (per PeopleGroups.org)|
|Pioneer Workers Needed||1|
|Persecution Rank||8 (Open Doors top 50 rank, 1 = highest persecution ranking)|
|Location in Country||Settled communities in Yazd and Kerman provinces. Source: Ethnologue 2016|
|Primary Language||Dari, Zoroastrian|
|Language Code||gbz Ethnologue Listing|
|Primary Religion:||Other / Small|
|Major Religion ▲||Percent|
|Christianity (Evangelical 0.00 %)||
|Other / Small||
|Christian Segments ▲||Percent|