The Yagwoia live in the highlands of Papua New Guinea, scattered over three provinces, the Morobe Province, the Eastern Highlands Province and the Gulf Province. They do a lot of gardening, but also gathering and hunting.
Traditionally they are animists. Animism effects their whole life. They have been missionized for decades but mainly resulting in syncretism. There are small groups of born again believers now.
Mainly that more people will understand the message of the Bible and will believe in the Saviour.
* Scripture Prayers for the Yagwoia in Papua New Guinea.
* Missionaries have been working with the Yagwoia people for many years.
* Pray that the New Testament in their language will be distributed, read and taught.
* Pray for the groups of believers being discipling. Some of the believers are reaching out to their own people now. Pray for the villages in the tribe that are not yet reached. Pray that the people in those villages will also be reached.
* Pray for the literacy teaching as well, that the new believers will learn to read so they will be able to read God's Word in their language themselves.
|Profile Source: Robert Westerveld|
|Country||Papua New Guinea|
|Region||Australia and Pacific|
|Persecution Rank||Not ranked|
|Location in Country||Eastern Highlands province: Iqwalaqamalje; Gulf province: Gwase; Morobe province: Hiqwase, Hiqwaye, and Yeqwangilje. Source: Ethnologue 2016|
Primary Language: Yagwoia
|Bible Translation ▲||Status (Years)|
|Bible-New Testament||Yes (2009)|
|Possible Print Bibles|
|Forum Bible Agencies|
|National Bible Societies|
|World Bible Finder|
|Resource Type ▲||Resource Name|
|Audio Recordings||Audio Bible teaching (GRN)|
|Major Religion ▲||Percent|
|Christianity (Evangelical 26.00 %)||
|Other / Small||
|Christian Segments ▲||Percent|