Mesmedje is a place in Chad, a language, and a people group that is part of the larger "Chadic" people group cluster. We know very little about the history of the Mesmedje people.
The Mesmedje people are only found in Chad, central Africa.
They are mostly small farmers, laborers, or nomadic herdsmen.
The Mesmedje people are Muslims, but they are divided into several sects. To complicate things further, they blend their traditional religion with Islam.
* Scripture Prayers for the Mesmedje in Chad.
* Pray that they eyes of their hearts will be open to Jesus Christ and His ways.
* Pray for believers to produce skits, plays, songs, and other oral materials to share the gospel with them.
* Pray for the Holy Spirit to draw hundreds of Mesmedje people to His side, and inspire them to begin a disciple making movement throughout Chad.
* Pray for the Lord to reach the Mesmedje people of Chad through dreams and visions.
|Profile Source: Global Prayer Digest|
|People Name General||Mesmedje|
|People Name in Country||Mesmedje|
|Population this Country||81,000|
|Population all Countries||81,000|
|Progress Scale||1 ●|
|Frontier People Group||Yes|
|GSEC||0 (per PeopleGroups.org)|
|Pioneer Workers Needed||2|
|Region||Africa, West and Central|
|Persecution Rank||Not ranked|
|Location in Country||Batha region: Batha Est department, Oum Hadjer subprefecture, southwest of Oum Hadjer, north of Mubi [mub] language area. Source: Ethnologue 2016|
|Major Religion ▲||Percent|
|Christianity (Evangelical 0.01 %)||
|Other / Small||
|Christian Segments ▲||Percent|