Learn More about Missions
Missions is all about God. God acting to save His creation and bring it back in to a relationship with Himself through Jesus Christ. Learning about missions starts with learning about God through the Bible and seeing how He used men and women to fufill His purposes on earth. Missions is also about what God is doing today around the world to build Christ's Church. Here are some ways to learn more.
- Search for the word "nations" through the Old and New Testament. For an interactive list, click here.
- Memorize Great Commission verses: Gen 12:1-3; Psa 67:1-7; Matt 24:14; Matt 28:18-20; Mark 16:15; Luke 24:45-49; Acts 1:8, Rev 5:9-10 and Rev 7:9-10.
- Acts 1:8 says "you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth." Trace that mission outline throught the entire book of Acts.
- Go through a missions Bible study such as:
- Read a good introduction to missions
- Read Joshua Project missions articles
- Read missionary biographies:
- Sign up for missions newsletters and magazines:
- Put up a wall-sized unreached peoples map in your dorm room or office:
- Learn how to obey the Great Commission and make disciples who multiply through the Zume Project - an on-line and in-life learning experience designed for small groups.
- Sign up for Perspectives - a course which helps believers from all walks of life see how they can connect into God’s story of redeeming people from every tribe, tongue, and nation to Himself
- Listen to a missions sermon. Suggested messages: John Piper or David Platt
- Go through a missions Bible study in your small group
- Meet with a missionary to learn more about their work
- Have a missionary share with your small group, Sunday School class or church