The word Karan comes from the word meaning scribe which was their traditional work.
Most of these people live in Bangladesh or India, but a small number live in Nepal.
The Kayastha Karan allow divorce and remarriage, but divorce is not allowed unless the wife cannot have children. Widowers can marry again. They are landowners who work mainly in agriculture. Many are educated, so they have opportunities to work in government and private service. Some are self-employed.
Hinduism is their religion.
The Kayastha Karan people need the opportunity to be blessed by the Son of God who takes away the sins of the world.
* Scripture Prayers for the Kayastha Karan in Nepal.
* Pray for the Holy Spirit to give the Kayastha Karan people in Nepal teachable and understanding hearts.
* Pray for a strong movement of the Holy Spirit will bring entire Kayastha Karan
families into a rich experience of God's blessing.
* Pray for Kayastha Karan families to be drawn by the Holy Spirit to seek forgiveness, and to understand the adequacy of Christ's work on the cross.
* Pray for a movement of Kayastha Karan households to study the Bible and accept the blessings of Christ.
* Pray for the Kayastha Karan people to understand and embrace that Jesus wants to bless their families and neighborhoods.
|Profile Source: Keith Carey|
|People Name General||Kayastha Karan|
|People Name in Country||Kayastha Karan|
|Natural Name||Karan Kayastha|
|Progress Scale||1 ●|
|Frontier People Group||Yes|
|Pioneer Workers Needed||1|
|Alternate Names||Kact; Kaith; Karan; Karen; Kayashtha; Kayasth; Kayath; lala; कायस्ता|
|National Bible Society||Website|
|Persecution Rank||32 (Open Doors top 50 rank, 1 = highest persecution ranking)|
|Total States on file||3|
|Specialized Website||South Asia Peoples|
Primary Language: Maithili
|Bible Translation ▲||Status (Years)|
|Bible-New Testament||Yes (1986-2010)|
|Possible Print Bibles|
|Forum Bible Agencies|
|National Bible Societies|
|World Bible Finder|
|Resource Type ▲||Resource Name|
|Audio Recordings||Audio Bible teaching (GRN)|
|Audio Recordings||Online New Testament (FCBH)|
|Audio Recordings||Oral Bible stories in Maithili|
|Audio Recordings||Story of Jesus audio (Jesus Film Project)|
|Film / Video||God's Story Video|
|Film / Video||Good News|
|Film / Video||Indigitube.tv Video / Animation|
|Film / Video||Jesus Film: view in Maithili|
|Film / Video||My Last Day (Jesus Film Project Anime)|
|Film / Video||Story of Jesus for Children (JF Project)|
|General||Gospel website in this language|
|General||Got Questions Ministry|
|Text / Printed Matter||Bible: jivən səndesh|
|Text / Printed Matter||Jesus Messiah comic book|
|Text / Printed Matter||OneHope resources for children and youth|
|Text / Printed Matter||Online Bible text (Scripture Earth)|
|Text / Printed Matter||World Missionary Press Booklets|