Photo Source: Anonymous
Map Source: People Group data: Omid. Map geography: UNESCO / GMI. Map Design: Joshua Project.
|Christian Adherents:||0.00 %|
|Online Audio NT:||No|
|People Cluster:||South Asia Hindu - other|
|Affinity Bloc:||South Asian Peoples|
The name Bhoyar comes from the word "bhor" meaning "morning." Bhoyar people have sub castes called Dholewar, Panwari, Chaurasia, and Daharia. The Panwari are thought to be the highest among them because they claim to have descended from the Panwar Rajputs who protected the city of Dhar in the past. They were expelled from the caste by the Rajputs and went to the central provinces.
Bhoyar people live mainly in the central provinces of India. They live in central regions such as Betul District and Chhindwara District.
They are farmers by tradition. They cultivate mainly sugarcane.
They speak a form of the Malwi dialect of Rajputana, and Hindi.
Marriage is only within the same family group; they don't even allow for first cousins to marry. Boyar girls get married very young. Widows can marry again, but they are expected to marry a widower rather than a single person.
Their religion is Hinduism.
Servants need to reach out to Bhoyar people with Hindi written, audio, and visual resources. These materials exist, but these people for whom Christ gave His life remain unreached.
They need to understand that the gods they worship cannot give them eternal life, nor can they correct their sin problems.
* Pray that instead of being "religious" the Bhoyar will desire a relationship with Jesus Christ.
* Pray for God's blessing, strengthening and healing of families and communities within the Bhoyar community through the abundant life and love Jesus offers to all nations.
* Pray for deliverance from the fear that hinders God's blessing from multiplying through Bhoyar families and communities.
* Pray that spiritual barriers will be broken from within this Hindu people.
* Pray for an unstoppable church planting movement within Bhoyar communities.