Send Joshua Project a photo
of this people group.
Map Source: People Group Location: Omid. Other geography / data: GMI. Map Design: Joshua Project
|Christian Adherents:||0.00 %|
|Online Audio NT:||No|
|People Cluster:||South Asia Dalit - other|
|Affinity Bloc:||South Asian Peoples|
The Konai are also named Chasi Konai. The word chasi means cultivator. They are a scheduled caste that speaks Bengali.
Most live in India's state of West Bengal, but some are further east in Bangladesh.
The Konai are landless. Agricultural laboring is their main work. They have a low literacy level so the gospel will need to be given in oral form too.
The Konai are one of the Hindu peoples in Muslim Bangladesh.
The Konai people need the opportunity to own land so that they can fully benefit from the fruit of their labor.
* Pray for the Holy Spirit to give the Konai people teachable and understanding hearts.
* Pray for a strong movement of the Holy Spirit to bring entire Konai families into a rich experience of God's blessing.
* Pray for the Konai people to understand and embrace that Jesus wants to bless their families and neighborhoods.
* Pray for teams of believers to do sustained, focused prayer for the Lord to open the hearts of Konai family leaders to experience God's blessing through a movement of family-based discovery Bible studies.
* Pray for a movement of Jesus to heal and strengthen Konai communities.