Photo Source: Link Up Africa
Send Joshua Project a map of this people group.
|People Name:||Fula Jalon|
|Christian Adherents:||0.50 %|
|Online Audio NT:||No|
|People Cluster:||Fulani / Fulbe|
|Affinity Bloc:||Sub-Saharan Peoples|
The Fula Jalon people are from the West African nations of Mali, Guinea, Sierra Leone, and Senegal. They are part of the much larger Fulani peoples who are among the largest and most powerful in West Africa.
Starting around 2000, there has been an increase in the number of African migrants to the United States. They are most likely to live in Texas, New York, California, Maryland, New Jersey, Massachusetts or Virginia.
The policy of the United States gives preference to immigrants with money, education, and certain needed skills. That goes for West Africans like the Fula Jalon people.
As a general rule, when West Africans migrate to the US, they form their own ethnic specific neighborhoods. That way they only deal with people from their own language and culture. When their population is big enough, they form their own ethnic group specific mosque.
The Fula Jalon are almost completely Muslim, faithfully believing the teachings of Islam. They believe that Allah is the only god and that Mohammed is his prophet. Most likely they also believe in the spirit world and in ancestral spirits. Those who live in the West are likely to become either more faithful to Muslim teachings (as opposed to animistic beliefs), or become more secularized.
The Fula Jalon, be they in West Africa or the US, need the opportunity to allow Jesus Christ to transform their lives. They have a much better chance of that happening in the US if believers reach out to them.
* Ask God to raise up prayer teams who will begin breaking up the soil through worship and intercession.
* Ask the Lord of the harvest to send full-time missionaries to share the gospel with Muslim African peoples in the US.
* Pray that God will give the small number of Fula Jalon believers boldness to share Christ with their own people.
* Ask the Lord to bring forth a triumphant Fula Jalon church for the glory of His name!
* Pray for the Holy Spirit to birth a cascading discipleship movement among the Fula Jalon people for God's glory.